Ashley Armstrong, PhD student in Mechanical Engineering, founded a graduate student outreach organization called ENVISION, which plans and organizes STEM activities at local schools and other Champaign-Urbana locations. Congratulations Ashley!
Archive | NewsRSS feed for this section
Dr. Andrew Alleyne was recently elected as a 2018 Fellow of IEEE for contributions to the control of thermal management systems. He is also one of a select number of professors who have been named a Fellow for both IEEE and ASME. For more information, click here.
Herschel will be instructing ME 460: Industrial Control Systems in Spring 2018.
Sarah Garrow is a rapid fire competition finalist for the Society of Women Engineers WE17 conference
To learn more about the competition, read the article here
Congratulations to Herschel Pangborn who passed his preliminary exam!
Congratulations to Dr. Andrew Alleyne for winning the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Advocating Women in Engineering Award. Dr. Alleyne received this competitive honor for being an advocate for women in engineering and demonstrating professional excellence in his chosen STEM field. For more details about the awards: MechSE Article Recognition SWE Award Announcement and Description
The ARG welcomes Donald Docimo from Pennsylvania State University.
- Spencer Igram passed his qualifying exam
- ARG Welcomes Mindy Wagenmaker
- Herschel Pangborn receives the ASME Energy Systems Technical Committee Best Paper Award at ACC 2019
- Dr. Alleyne is awarded the Innovation Transfer Award
- Herschel Pangborn successfully defends his PhD dissertation
- ARG Welcomes Cary Laird
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne wins AACC’s Control Engineering Practice Award
- Herschel Pangborn Recognized for Teaching
- Ashley Armstrong passed her qualifying exam
- Pamela Tannous passed her qualifying exam