Archive | NewsRSS feed for this section
Ashley Armstrong, PhD student in Mechanical Engineering, founded a graduate student outreach organization called ENVISION, which plans and organizes STEM activities at local schools and other Champaign-Urbana locations. Congratulations Ashley!
Dr. Andrew Alleyne was recently elected as a 2018 Fellow of IEEE for contributions to the control of thermal management systems. He is also one of a select number of professors who have been named a Fellow for both IEEE and ASME. For more information, click here.
Herschel will be instructing ME 460: Industrial Control Systems in Spring 2018.
Sarah Garrow is a rapid fire competition finalist for the Society of Women Engineers WE17 conference
To learn more about the competition, read the article here
Congratulations to Herschel Pangborn who passed his preliminary exam!
Congratulations to Dr. Andrew Alleyne for winning the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Advocating Women in Engineering Award. Dr. Alleyne received this competitive honor for being an advocate for women in engineering and demonstrating professional excellence in his chosen STEM field. For more details about the awards: MechSE Article Recognition SWE Award Announcement and Description
- Pamela Tannous passed her qualifying exam
- Ashley Armstrong receives a special recognition from the graduate college for student leadership
- Dr. Alleyne is named a 2018 IEEE Fellow
- Herschel Pangborn receives a Graduate Teaching Fellowship from the MechSE Department
- Sarah Garrow Wins Third Place in the Rapid Fire Competition at WE 17
- ARG Alumnus Dr. Kira Barton wins the Outstanding Young Investigation Award at DSCC 2017
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne presented with the Yasundo Takahashi Education Award at DSCC 2017
- Sarah Garrow is a rapid fire competition finalist for the Society of Women Engineers WE17 conference
- Herschel Pangborn passed his Preliminary Exam
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne wins SWE’s Advocating Women in Engineering Award