The ARG welcomes Mindy Wagenmaker from the University of Alabama.
Herschel’s ACC 2019 paper, titled “Cooperativity and Hierarchical MPC of State-Constrained Switched Power Flow Systems,” has received the ASME Energy Systems Technical Committee Best Paper Award from among 19 initial nominations and three finalists presented at the conference.
Herschel Pangborn recognized on the UIUC “List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students” for teaching ME 460 (Industrial Control Systems) in Spring 2018.
Herschel will be instructing ME 460: Industrial Control Systems in Spring 2018.
Herschel Pangborn recently presented an “Introduction to Controls” for the Center for Power-Optimization of Electro-Thermal Systems (POETS). A recording of the presentation can be watched below.
Dr. Alleyne and UIUC have been selected by the NSF to lead a new Engineering Research Center (ERC) for Power Optimization of Electro-Thermal Systems (POETS). More information at: http://poets-erc.org/press-release/.
Herschel Pangborn, Katherine Amber, and Lindsey Gonzales deposit their Master’s theses. Congrats!
ARG welcomes Ashley Armstrong from Notre Dame, Xavier Moya from Santa Clara University, and Spencer Kieffer from Notre Dame.
Herschel Pangborn was awarded a 2015 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship for his proposed work with energy management for vehicle systems.
- Spencer Igram passed his qualifying exam
- ARG Welcomes Mindy Wagenmaker
- Herschel Pangborn receives the ASME Energy Systems Technical Committee Best Paper Award at ACC 2019
- Dr. Alleyne is awarded the Innovation Transfer Award
- Herschel Pangborn successfully defends his PhD dissertation
- ARG Welcomes Cary Laird
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne wins AACC’s Control Engineering Practice Award
- Herschel Pangborn Recognized for Teaching
- Ashley Armstrong passed her qualifying exam
- Pamela Tannous passed her qualifying exam