- Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D. Candidate in Mechanical Engineering – University of Illinois
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering – University of Illinois (August 2017)
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering – University of Notre Dame (May 2015)
- Research Interests: Control Systems, Manufacturing Systems, Biomechanics, Iterative Learning Control
This research is sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP).
Dynamic modeling and control of a Micro Robotic Deposition System, with bone scaffold manufacturing as the target application. In this research, precision motion control techniques will be explored to achieve the high levels of precision and response time demanded by microscale applications. Sensing techniques and control algorithms will be employed to enable printing of bone scaffolds with advanced architecture.
Relevant Publications (Thesis)
- Armstrong, Ashley, “Modeling and Control of an Easy-to-Use Direct Write Printing System for Fabrication of Bone Scaffolds,” M.S. Thesis, Dept. Mech. Eng., Univ. Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL., July 2017. (PDF)
Relevant Publications (Conference)
- Armstrong, Ashley; Alleyne, Andrew; Wagoner Johnson, Amy “Improved Cross-Coupled Iterative Learning Control for Contouring NURBS Curves,” Proc. of the ASME 2018 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, October 2018.
- Armstrong, Ashley; Alleyne, Andrew; Wagoner Johnson, Amy “Easy-to-use 3D printer for fabrication of biological scaffolds,” Proc. of the ASME 2017 Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, October 2017.
- Dobelin, N.; Armstrong, A.; Wagoner Johnson, A.; Bohner, M.; “Phosphate Evaporation by Thermal Treatment of CaP Ceramics,” Proc. of the 28th Annual Meeting of the International Society for Ceramics in Medicine (Bioceramics 28), November 2016.
Relevant Publications (Journal)
- A.A. Armstrong, Tisha, A.L., C. Lopez-Ortiz, and A.J. Wagoner Johnson, “A Review of Skeletal Muscle Adaptations and Passive Muscle Stiffness in Cerebral Palsy,” Journal of Applied Biomechanics (accepted, Aug 2018).