Bryan Keating spent fall 2016 in Singapore collaborating with industry to conduct research on chiller plants. An article about the collaborative between Illinois and Singapore can be found at the link below. Collaboration
Spencer Igram received an honorable mention from the National Science Foundation for his Graduate Research Fellowship proposal on additive manufacturing techniques for thermal optimization of passive devices.
Herschel Pangborn recently presented an “Introduction to Controls” for the Center for Power-Optimization of Electro-Thermal Systems (POETS). A recording of the presentation can be watched below.
Nate has passed his qualifying exam and is officially a Ph.D. Candidate!
Congratulations to Matthew Williams who passed his preliminary exam!
Justin Koeln recognized on the “List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by Their Students” for teaching ME 320 Heat Transfer in Spring 2016.
The ARG welcomes Sunny Sharma from Rice University and Spencer Igram from SunStar Laboratories.
The ARG welcomes Sarah Garrow from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
ARG Ph.D. candidate Herschel Pangborn was awarded Best Presentation in Session at the 2016 American Controls Conference.
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne wins SWE’s Advocating Women in Engineering Award
- ARG Welcomes Donald Docimo
- Matthew Williams successfully defends his PhD thesis
- Bryan, Malia, Spencer, Pamela, and Ashley Deposit Their Master’s Theses
- Malia Kawamura Wins Best Paper Awards at ASEE 2017
- ARG Welcomes Chris Aksland
- Bryan Keating Recognized for Research
- Oyuna Angatkina Passed Her Qualifying Exam
- Ashley Armstrong Featured in MechSE Article
- Ashley Armstrong Wins Humanitarian Award