Bryan Keating, Malia Kawamura, Spencer Kieffer, Pamela Tannous, and Ashley Armstrong have all deposited their Master’s theses. Congrats!
Malia Kawamura was awarded the Professional Interest Council IV (PIC-IV) Best Paper and the Division of Experimentation and Laboratory-Oriented Studies (DELOS) Best Paper at the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference for her paper entitled, An Educational Laboratory Experimental System for Teaching Chemical Reaction Process Dynamics and Control.
The ARG welcomes Chris Aksland from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Bryan Keating was a finalist for the Dynamic Systems & Control Division (DSCD) Energy Systems Technical Committee best paper award at the 2017 American Controls Conference in Seattle. Bryan’s paper was titled: Time-Varying Newton Based Extremum Seeking for Optimization of Vapor Compression Systems.
Oyuna has passed her qualifying exam and is officially a Ph.D. Candidate!
Ashley Armstrong was featured in MechSE article. To learn more about Ashley’s interests and research, read the article here.
Ashley won the Moms Association Humanitarian Award for performing outstanding and innovative service within the local community focused around STEM outreach.
Bryan Keating spent fall 2016 in Singapore collaborating with industry to conduct research on chiller plants. An article about the collaborative between Illinois and Singapore can be found at the link below. Collaboration
Spencer Igram received an honorable mention from the National Science Foundation for his Graduate Research Fellowship proposal on additive manufacturing techniques for thermal optimization of passive devices.
Herschel Pangborn recently presented an “Introduction to Controls” for the Center for Power-Optimization of Electro-Thermal Systems (POETS). A recording of the presentation can be watched below.
- Dr. Alleyne is named a 2018 IEEE Fellow
- Herschel Pangborn receives a Graduate Teaching Fellowship from the MechSE Department
- Sarah Garrow Wins Third Place in the Rapid Fire Competition at WE 17
- ARG Alumnus Dr. Kira Barton wins the Outstanding Young Investigation Award at DSCC 2017
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne presented with the Yasundo Takahashi Education Award at DSCC 2017
- Sarah Garrow is a rapid fire competition finalist for the Society of Women Engineers WE17 conference
- Herschel Pangborn passed his Preliminary Exam
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne wins SWE’s Advocating Women in Engineering Award
- ARG Welcomes Donald Docimo
- Matthew Williams successfully defends his PhD thesis