Herschel will be instructing ME 460: Industrial Control Systems in Spring 2018.
Herschel Pangborn recently presented an “Introduction to Controls” for the Center for Power-Optimization of Electro-Thermal Systems (POETS). A recording of the presentation can be watched below.
Dr. Alleyne and UIUC have been selected by the NSF to lead a new Engineering Research Center (ERC) for Power Optimization of Electro-Thermal Systems (POETS). More information at: http://poets-erc.org/press-release/.
Herschel Pangborn, Katherine Amber, and Lindsey Gonzales deposit their Master’s theses. Congrats!
ARG welcomes Ashley Armstrong from Notre Dame, Xavier Moya from Santa Clara University, and Spencer Kieffer from Notre Dame.
Herschel Pangborn was awarded a 2015 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship for his proposed work with energy management for vehicle systems.
- Pamela Tannous passed her qualifying exam
- Ashley Armstrong receives a special recognition from the graduate college for student leadership
- Dr. Alleyne is named a 2018 IEEE Fellow
- Herschel Pangborn receives a Graduate Teaching Fellowship from the MechSE Department
- Sarah Garrow Wins Third Place in the Rapid Fire Competition at WE 17
- ARG Alumnus Dr. Kira Barton wins the Outstanding Young Investigation Award at DSCC 2017
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne presented with the Yasundo Takahashi Education Award at DSCC 2017
- Sarah Garrow is a rapid fire competition finalist for the Society of Women Engineers WE17 conference
- Herschel Pangborn passed his Preliminary Exam
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne wins SWE’s Advocating Women in Engineering Award