Congratulations to Dr. Andrew Alleyne for winning the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Advocating Women in Engineering Award. Dr. Alleyne received this competitive honor for being an advocate for women in engineering and demonstrating professional excellence in his chosen STEM field. For more details about the awards: MechSE Article Recognition SWE Award Announcement and Description
About Malia Kawamura
The ARG welcomes Donald Docimo from Pennsylvania State University.
Bryan Keating, Malia Kawamura, Spencer Kieffer, Pamela Tannous, and Ashley Armstrong have all deposited their Master’s theses. Congrats!
Malia Kawamura was awarded the Professional Interest Council IV (PIC-IV) Best Paper and the Division of Experimentation and Laboratory-Oriented Studies (DELOS) Best Paper at the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Annual Conference for her paper entitled, An Educational Laboratory Experimental System for Teaching Chemical Reaction Process Dynamics and Control.
The ARG welcomes Chris Aksland from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Bryan Keating was a finalist for the Dynamic Systems & Control Division (DSCD) Energy Systems Technical Committee best paper award at the 2017 American Controls Conference in Seattle. Bryan’s paper was titled: Time-Varying Newton Based Extremum Seeking for Optimization of Vapor Compression Systems.
Oyuna has passed her qualifying exam and is officially a Ph.D. Candidate!
Ashley Armstrong was featured in MechSE article. To learn more about Ashley’s interests and research, read the article here.
Ashley won the Moms Association Humanitarian Award for performing outstanding and innovative service within the local community focused around STEM outreach.
- Pamela Tannous passed her qualifying exam
- Ashley Armstrong receives a special recognition from the graduate college for student leadership
- Dr. Alleyne is named a 2018 IEEE Fellow
- Herschel Pangborn receives a Graduate Teaching Fellowship from the MechSE Department
- Sarah Garrow Wins Third Place in the Rapid Fire Competition at WE 17
- ARG Alumnus Dr. Kira Barton wins the Outstanding Young Investigation Award at DSCC 2017
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne presented with the Yasundo Takahashi Education Award at DSCC 2017
- Sarah Garrow is a rapid fire competition finalist for the Society of Women Engineers WE17 conference
- Herschel Pangborn passed his Preliminary Exam
- Dr. Andrew Alleyne wins SWE’s Advocating Women in Engineering Award